And one night, I remember I have a friend who has a different perspective about life. I tried to text him through BBM and what a surprise, he gave me some words that so different. He saw some things from a different point of view. Well, he never gave me a solution but what he said is always calming. Here's the answers from him and from my other friends with the same questions I asked to them :
1. Why am I so emotional these days? Seems like everything's so wrong to me.
Common answer I got : "Ya...you're still like a child. Stop being childish, grow up!"
His answer : "Enjoy that emotions. Emotions makes you as a human. Just counting from 1 to
12 to calm you down"
2. Why I become a thinker? I always think it hard, about everything, untill the details. I'm tired of it.
Common answer : "that's not your bussiness, think about yourself."
His answer : "that's good. It means that you have a pure heart. Just change it slowly to be a
3. I'm so afraid when somebody make a distance to me. I always think that must be something wrong from
me that make them decide to go away from me!
Common answer : "ask them, then introspection yourself"
His answer : "go away from you doesn't always mean they hate you. it can be something
dangerous for you, and they keep a distance from you because they don't want
anything bad happen to you.
4. Many people says that I'm childish. And they want me to change.
Common answer : "yes you are! grow up!"
His answer : "then they were childish too. sometimes the adults need more attention then the
Maybe some people will not agree with his thoughts. But that was, surprisingly, calm me down. I don't feel any anger & emotions that overflow anymore after that chat.
And from many "how to love yourself" articles I found on the web, one from tinybuddha.com is my favorite. Here's the points of them :
- Begin your day with love
- Take time to meditate & journal (I change meditate with shalat)
- Talk yourself happy
- Get emotionally honest
- Expand your interest (I made some diy canvas quotes & enjoyed it much!)
- Enjoy life enhancing activities (I started to running again every week, with some new up-beat songs)
- Become willing to surrender (it's a little bit hard, but I'm still trying. this one that my friend told me too)
- Work on personal & spiritual development
- Own your potential
- Be patient with yourself
- Live in appreciation (love your IMPERFECTLY perfect self)
- Be guided by your intuition (when your mind say "go" then you should go, don't stay)
- Do what honors & respects you (don't participate in activities that bring you down, don't allow toxic people in your life)
- Accept uncertainty. Put yourself on the PRESENT and be at peace. Don't stuck yourself to the past.
- Forgive yourself. For example : "I forgive myself for judging myself as an ugly girl. I'm beautiful inside out"
- Discover the power of fun.
- Be real. Speak up and speak out!
- Focus on the positive. Avoid any negative things or thoughts.
- Become aware of self neglect & rejections. You can do the best, you are the winner and you deserve to be a winner.
- Imagine what your life would look like if you believed in your worth. Free & happy!!
- And if necessary, seek a professional help. Sometimes people can't do it by themself when they feel they fall to deep. It's not a bad idea to seek a professional to help you out from those condition. Some school has their psychology teacher and they will help you happily.
See the full article here : tinybuddha.com